Everyone has high expectations and responsibilities for life and family. We all believe for the best in our lives, careers, families, organisations. What I have discovered is, many people know what they want but usually not why or how to achieve that aim. Examine yourself for a minute with these questions today,
- What do I have to do to win in a time of recession, and crisis?
- How do I make a difference in our generation today?
- What can I do to fulfil the call of God for my life?
- How do I provide, protect, and fulfil all the expectations deemed me?
- Is it enough to have big goals, ambitions and resolutions as usual?
Have you got all figured out yet? If you have not, do not be worried, because this is the ethos of this piece of article. The truth is just having a plan is no assurance that you will win or succeed. Before you make a plan for your life, family and beyond, you must know and understand Gods purpose for creating you.
Proverbs 19:21 says “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.”
This verse teaches us that the first thing every man likes to do is to make many plans. How true this is but God, on the other hand, thinks according to purpose first before plans. This means that if we are to win, we must know Gods original intention for our lives first, and then we can plan.
Let me remind you how in Luke Chapter 5, the man Peter had a plan that only enabled him to toil all night but caught nothing. His plan was failing until Jesus showed up with a better plan (purpose). In verse 4, as Peter gave the purpose of God a chance and place in his life, I believe every fish in the lake tried to get into that net and he won. In the same way, to follow Gods original purpose is to see a new thing, new life, and a new plan and gain access to His eternal resources.
We ought to understand that it is our choices that will determine our destiny and our destiny will always be shaped by our purpose.
This is why we must align our choices towards our primary purpose and assignment in life. Please consider these second set of questions at this point;
- Where do I want to go?
- What do I want to achieve?
- Am I walking in Gods purpose for my life?
- Is what I am doing leading me to my dreams?
- Have I been distracted from my original purpose in life?
- Have I got God at the centre of my choices or is it just me?
- Am I satisfied with what I am doing and choices I am making?
These questions are key weapons to think and effect change where necessary if you want to win. Author Richard Foster said this and I quote,
“ in our day, heaven and earth are on tiptoe waiting for the emergence of a SPIRIT LED, SPIRIT INTOXICATED, SPIRIT EMPOWERED people, who know in this life the life and power of the Kingdom of God.
It is a time to review your life, redefine your vision, and re-establish worthwhile goals.