In a commencement address at Princeton, future American President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed,
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction. There are many voices of counsel, but few voices of vision; there are much excitement and feverish activity, but a little concert of thoughtful PURPOSE. We are distressed by our ungoverned, undirected energies and do many things, but nothing long. It is our duty to FIND OURSELVES.”
If this generation and in fact in this dispensation, many people are struggling to live the kind of purpose, then the most important question still remains, how do we find or discover this original purpose?
Finding purpose is finding your strength and living it is a whole new level that will cause success in your life. Many people make the mistake of making money as their primary means of success. To make a difference in this life, it is paramount to rediscover that true success is knowing your primary purpose, growing to your maximum potential in life and sowing seeds that will benefit others.
Therefore, if you are prepared to know your purpose in life, then read carefully this chapter. This short article will guide you through five key principles you can begin to practice in your life to realise your purpose. Let’s run through these quickly,
- Get back to the source (Creator):
It is not a mistake that everything that works in life is connected, so if your life is not working then you need to first connect to the source (God). No matter how difficult life may be, God still has a plan, peace and an expected end for you. He is the first you need in your life.
- The Power of Discovery: This is the power of purpose. Your ability to uncover what is covered. Just as everything valuable in life is hidden, (Gold, oil, chair), so is your purpose in life.
Your primary calling in life is usually connected to your Creativity, Talents, Solitude and Listening.
You will find detailed knowledge about these principles from the what, why and how to make these work in your life today.
- Listening to your Heart: Here, the emphasis is not on your organ but inner man. The place that can be desperately wicked but on the other hand can be very rewarding. For you to find your purpose in life, there should be an alignment with your heart, so as God speaks to your inner man, you will never go wrong by following its direction.
- Becoming a Contrarian: Beloved, a person who views life backwards is a contrarian and God is one. If you to find your purpose in life, you must start to think and act like your maker. Your difficulties, pain and failures all shape your tomorrow before God but until you begin to partake in His Divine nature, you will keep on blaming issues and this will not get you anywhere.
- Finally, you will know how maximising time in life is necessary for discovering and fulfilling your purpose in life. We must invest time to get the most success and significance.
Everyone has been created for a purpose. I especially share in my book Alive For A Purpose, how I discovered my purpose and today fulfilling it to my generation. By following these principles and even more, I am positive that you too will make a great impact on your generation.